World Heritage & Kumano Kodo Cherry Blossom Tour
From $6250* | Mon 26th Mar — Mon 9th April 2018 | 15 Days | 14 Nights
Experience World Heritage sites in Cherry Blossom Season
Springtime in Japan is bursting with colour, with the debut of the flowering plum blossoms followed closely by the beautiful cherry blossoms. Flowers of all colours, varieties and shapes abound.
This fully escorted tour is timed to see the spectacular “Sakura” Cherry Blossoms and commences in the bustling metropolis of Tokyo. Travelling via Mt Fuji , Kyoto and Nara, the original capital of Japan, we will also walk in the footsteps of pilgrims of the 1200 year old sacred Buddhist site – Koyasan. For centuries this isolated mountaintop complex has been the site of devotion and spiritual training, a Mecca for pilgrims and worshippers searching for enlightenment.
After a night in a temple we move to Japan’s three most famous hot springs in Ryujin, enjoying relaxing baths and a tradition meal & stay in the ryokan. Travelling around the coastline of Wakayama we will enjoy the Bokhido cave baths at Urashima—which overlooks the Pacific Ocean, experience a tuna auction before heading to Ise Jingu’s Geku & Naiku & Ago Bay, the famous home of the Pearl.
We end in Kyoto, where we see the “must sees” of Japan plus ride the Hozu rapids. You will enjoy traditional foods from the sea and mountains in a variety of restaurants with new & exciting events each day which are more impressionable than the previous day at the height of Spring in Japan.
* Twin Share excluding airfares & taxes
- Walk in the footsteps of pilgrims of the 1200 year old sacred Buddhist site- Koyasan and stay overnight in the Koyasan temple
- ride the famous bullet train (shinkansen)
- visit Hakone on a day trip from Tokyo
- enjoying relaxing baths and a traditional meal & stay in ryokan in Ryujin
- View the Cherry Blossoms
- soak in the Bokhido cave baths at Urashima overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- experience a tuna auction
- visit the beautiful sites of Kyoto and ride the Hozu rapids
- enjoy traditional Japanese gourmet foods