Experience Authentic Okinawan Karate in a four lesson intensive in its Birthplace
What a better place to experience the traditional martial arts of Karate than in its birthplace of Okinawa – let Japan Holidays organise and plan your experience in Okinawa!
Get to experience training under what can be considered 4 major styles of Okinawan Karate:
- Goju Ryu Karate – Meaning the ‘Hard -Soft Style‘. As the name translates, Goju Ryu emphasises on the hard (closed fists, strikes) and soft (open hand, circular blocks / parries) movements.
- Shorin Ryu Karate – A Style descending from Soken ‘Bushi’ Matsumura. Shorin Ryu Karate is recognisable by its dodging from oncoming strikes, and direct counter attacks using punching and kicking techniques from higher stances than many other styles.
- Uechi Ryu Karate – Founded by Kanbun Uechi, this style strongly focuses on the use of conditioning and strengthening of the fingers and toes, and using them as a weapon for strikes.
- Kobudo – Translating as ‘The Old Warriors Way‘ this style uses weapons that were readily available during the time, such as the Bo staff, Sai, Tongfa and Nunchaku. This traditional style gives merit to the stances, strengths and techniques of Karate and uses it with weapons.
The Package – four lessons from $340 per person
You will get to join 4 separate Dojos of high ranking Okinawan Karate masters and learn first hand the training methods and traditions that are kept strong to this day.
- 1 Lesson Goju Ryu Karate
- 1 Lesson Shorin Ryu Karate
- 1 Lesson Uechi Ryu Karate
- 1 Lesson Kobudo
Contact Japan Holidays for more information to add this must do experience to your holiday!