The ultimate tour into the spiritual heartland of Japan
For thousands of years the mountainous region of Kumano has been thought to be the mythical “holy ground where gods dwell.” People from all levels of society have journeyed to the tranquil Kii Mountains, following many pilgrimage routes to the revered Kumano Sanzan Shrines. The various paths are known collectively as the Kumano Kodo.
The Kumano Kodo is one of only two pilgrimage World Heritage Sites globally. Its history stretches back over 1200 years.
Japan Holidays’ fully-escorted tour is perfectly timed to see Japan’s gorgeous Autumn colours and travels via Mt Fuji , Kyoto and Nara to walk in the footsteps of pilgrims on the Kumano Kodo.
16 days from $7990pp
- Japan Holidays bilingual tour escort
- 15 nights in hotels & Japanese-style inns
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners where included on itinerary
- All transportation between tour locations with reserved seats where applicable
- Expert local guides in Koyasan and on the Kumano Kodo trail
- 1 Luggage transfer Tokyo to Kyoto
- Entrance to museums, temples and other sights on the itinerary