7 days a week | Starts promptly at 5:00 pm | Osaka – Dotonburi Area
This 3-hour Osaka Night Food Tour will take you on an unforgettable eating excursion through the busy streets and the hidden, less frequented parts of Minami (South) Osaka.
Starting on the the bright and busy Doutonburi area we will learn about Glico man, a Filipino sprinter named Fortunato Catalon who inspired a nation and a company! Similar to Shibuya (its counterpart in Tokyo) the lights and sounds of Dotounburi often lead you astray to overly-commercialised restaurants with queues of tourists outside. We want to take our guests to places they would certainly miss without a locals guidance. We will take secret alleys not long after we begin the tour toward a shrine wedged out of sight from the average passerby.
We will sample , Kushikatsu, (deep fried meat and veggie skewers) a local take on Yakitori and we will surprise you with a Michelin rated street food stop for Osaka’s favorite snack– Takoyaki. (a kind of grilled octopus fritter) Next, travel down more narrow alleys and see some of the more unconventional restaurants and pubs. Your guide will then lead you to a local dinner spot. This shop is an Izakaya or local pub with seasonal dishes that will intrigue and delight. You will enjoy yakitori (grilled skewers), sukiyaki (a delicious simmered beef hotpot), tempura other regional dishes and 1 drink. This spot is very local, you will not find tourists here! Try a draft beer or Nihonshu (rice wine) with your tasty meal.
Please be aware there maybe substitutions and changes on the food in this tour based on season and availability
From there, we will show you a famous building full of hidden unorthodox bars, one after another. Every 5 feet there is a new door with a new adventure to be had. This area gives you the retro, artsy feel of a very hip and very unique cluster of bars. Finally finish off with a tasty local street food dessert. As you say farewell to your guide you can explore more on your own in this fascinating part of town.
We are able to take single traveler bookings for this tour. Please feel free to book directly and we will add you into an existing tour group.
We have family friendly pricing on all our food tours-if you are traveling with children and need a price adjustment- please email our team.
- Babies and Toddlers 0 – 2 years old – free
- Children 3 -12 years old – 50% of adult price
- Children 13 and above – full price
- A walk through Dotonburi by taking a secret alley off the main street.
- See the lights of the shrine and beautifully lit areas.
- Enjoy Osaka’s specialty, Kushikatsu (fried skewers) try Michelin rated Takoyaki (octopus fritters).
- Take the back roads and enjoy a hidden Izakaya, enjoy a drink while chatting with your guide and fellow guests and tasting a wide range of Japanese dishes that change a bit each season.
- Head up to the elevated halls of the most offbeat bars with themes ranging from the 1950’s up through present day
- Finish up with a yummy local dessert!