There are enough encounters on this Tour to stir up romance, products of history that have remained in Kumamoto that fascinate all who visit.
The Christian culture bloomed here approximately 400 years ago, and the tragic history of Hidden Christians has been slowly pieced together.
Travellers on this tour will have an opportunity to retrace the history of Christianity along with the real Last Samurai story in this exciting tour to Japan’s historical heartland.
There are plenty of great reasons for including Kumamoto in your trip to Japan, here are 10 of them:
- The Nature: Stunning and unique volcanic landscapes and sights. Mountains, rivers, and beautiful sub-tropical islands.
- The Relaxation: Slow life. Slow food. The simplicity and charm of real Japan. And onsens galore, especially outdoor ones!
- The Unique landscapes: Japan’s biggest inhabited caldera and largest and most beautiful grasslands.
- The Samurai links: Home to Japan’s most impenetrable castle and the resting place of its greatest swordsman Musashi Miyamoto.
- The Tastes: Delicious food, a great variety of fresh produce and the best water quality in Japan.
- The Space: Leave behind the crowds, hustle and bustle of Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto and step into the serene, lush, green and tranquil ‘inaka’ of the Japanese countryside.
- The Culture: Fascinating historical sights stretching all the way back to Japan’s foundation myths.
- The Transport: Kumamoto’s central location and transport links makes it an ideal base for your trip.
- The People: The people make the place and you will find Kumamoto people and Kyushu people in general warm, open, friendly, sincere and very welcoming.
- The Outdoors: Great selection of activities to try: from whitewater rafting to hiking, horse riding to canyoning and paragliding.
*Min. 2 passengers to max. 8 passengers
Pricing for 2 people from $5770 per person | Pricing for 8 people from$3075 per person
Single Supplement $300
- Fully-escorted tour by Japan Holidays. Private escort/guide in Japan.
7 nights accommodation in hotels & Japanese-style inns
Seven breakfasts, six lunches and six dinners
- All transportation between tour locations
- Entrance to museums, temples and other sights on the itinerary
Whats Not Included
- Flights – international and domestic
- pay locally for drinks with meals and for lunches and dinners not included
- Entrance fees to museums, temples not mentioned in the itinerary
- Single room supplement(s) if required