Family Friendly | Starts promptly at 11:00 AM | Around Asakusa Temple, Tokyo
Every guide book and checklist will tell you that the Asakusa area is a “Must See!” But we know you want to get off the beaten track and discover hidden spots and tasty treats that most tourists will never find. Learn the history of the area while trying snacks, sweets and having a local seasonal lunch!
You will begin your tour with a special overview of this district. Explore the Namise street, try a famous Japanese snack, and learn about how pilgrims and tourists have been coming here for more than 1000 years. Have a seasonal lunch with your guide and learn about food customs and ordering tips that you can use throughout your time in Japan.
Minimum of 2 people needed to book this tour. If you are a single traveler, please email us directly.
We have family friendly pricing on all our food tours-if you are traveling with children and need a price adjustment- please email our team.
- Babies and Toddlers 0 – 2 years old – free
- Children 3 -12 years old – 50% of adult price
- Children 13 and above – full price
- 3 Hour tour to walk the streets of this historical area and see the beauty from a local’s perspective.
- Experience an afternoon of great food and tradition as your explore one of Tokyo’s must-see districts, Asakusa.
- Enjoy an authentic Japanese lunch, with sashimi option fresh from Tsukiji market.
- Hear the stories of the area as you explore the sides streets and alleyways.
- Visit a classic candy shop where a traditional candy making method has been preserved
- Experience different regional flavors from all over Japan including Japanese plums, pickles, rice crackers, tea and more (subject to change based on the season).
- Have a taste of melon bread, one of Japan’s best kept secrets.
- Finish it all off with genuine matcha Hot or Iced to go with your dessert
- No one will see Asakusa like you will on this tour! Definitely a must do!
- A great FAMILY FRIENDLY tour in Tokyo.