Travel into the heart of Kyushu – Japan’s southernmost major island – and off the typical tourist trail – for a unique cultural, historic and culinary experience to remember for the rest of your life. Autumn in Japan is a glorious season to visit, showcasing the natural beauty of this stunning country with brilliantly coloured foliage.
These two fully escorted, small group tours are timed perfectly to be surrounded by vermillion and maple leaves in the gorgeous colours of Autumn. Book now as places are filling quickly!
Autumn Colours Tour of Kyushu
4th November– 11th November 2018
8 days from $3350 pp
The dynamism that is Kyushu — the southernmost major island of Japan. A series of volcanic ranges, including the world’s largest active volcanic crater, Mount Aso, are located in Kyushu. Kyushu’s strategic position near South Korea and China have allowed it to act as a focal point of cultural, religious, and artistic exchanges from ancient times in Japan, and evolved with the arrival of Europeans, with port of Nagasaki involved in trade with the West. During World War II, on August 9th, 1945, Nagasaki was ravaged by the Atomic Bomb.
So much to see and so much to experience in this small island.
- Travel to the heart of Kyushu, an island steeped in fascinating history and culture unlike any other region in Japan
- Visit Gokanosho, the “Land of the Last Samurai”
- Drive through spectacular mountain and coastal scenery
- Spend time in the Atomic Bomb Museum and Peace Park of Nagasaki
- Stay in a traditional inn, or ‘ryokan’ and relax in a natural hot spring ‘onsen’
- Explore picturesque gardens with stunning Autumn leaves
- Indulge in delicious local ‘kaiseki’ cuisine
- Meals included
For more information on the Autumn Colours tour, click here
World Heritage and Kumano Kodo Autumn Tour
17th November – 2nd December 2018
16 Days from $7100 pp
Autumn colours, hot springs, outstanding food, stays in Japan’s most popular cities of Tokyo and Kyoto, coupled with walking in the footsteps of the ancient pilgrims, will revitalise any person seeking a tour offering unrivalled beauty where you will gain an understanding of both historical and contemporary Japan. The Kumano Kodo is a series of ancient pilgrimage routes that crisscross the largest Peninsula of Japan.
- Visit Tokyo’s must-see sights including Mt Fuji/Hakone, Ginza, the Imperial Palace and Asakusa
- Ride the famous shinkanen Bullet Train
- Stay in a Buddhist temple and experience morning prayers and a fire ritual with local monks
- Walk the spectacular scenery of the Kumano Kodo with a local expert guide
- Experience excellent Japanese cuisine and tea ceremony, local sake and kimono dressing
- Enjoy and experience taiko drumming
- Hot spring bathing in natural onsens and stay in traditional ryokan accommodation
- Visit Kyoto’s major temples, shrines, rock gardens, castle and Imperial Palace
- Ride the Hozu rapids and walk the streets of Arashiyama and bamboo forest
- Visit Ise and stay on the coast at Toba
- 12 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 7 dinners included
For more information on the World Heritage and Kumano Kodo Tour, click here