from $4680* | daily departures| Jan-Dec 2018
This itinerary enables travellers to enjoy the historical and most scenic mountainous terrain in the whole of Japan.
The Tour starts from the ultra-modern Tokyo to Kyoto through the Kiso Valley of Nagano connecting with the old post towns on the former road between both cities used in the Edo period.
This old arterial NAKASENDO path swings by the city of Matsumoto which has a famous castle built in the 16th century. Kisoji is a part of Nakasendo Road connecting Edo (present day Tokyo) and Kyoto for 530km.
Tsumago and Magome are the stage towns on this road. Various elements such as historical, cultural, and natural sites including folklore are inherited along this road, which acts as a meditation between generations.
- Visit downtown Tokyo and include a Sumida River Cruise to Asakusa Kannon Temple and Hamarikyu Garden for teabreak
- Surrounded by the breath taking beauty of the Japan Alps in Matsumoto
- Walk the Nakasendo Path and feel the history
- Stay in a Minshuku (small Japanese traditional house)
- View Geiko and Maiko in the Ancient capital of Kyoto
- Travel on the Shinkansen – Bullet Train
*per person Twin Share | pricing subject to exchange rate