Springtime in Japan is bursting with colour, with the debut of the flowering plum blossoms followed closely by the beautiful cherry blossoms. Flowers of all colours, varieties and shapes abound.
This fully escorted tour is timed to see the spectacular “Sakura” Cherry Blossoms and commences in the bustling metropolis of Tokyo. Travelling via Mt Fuji , Kyoto and Nara, the original capital of Japan, we will also walk in the footsteps of pilgrims of the 1200 year old sacred Buddhist site – Koyasan. For centuries this isolated mountaintop complex has been the site of devotion and spiritual training, a Mecca for pilgrims and worshippers searching for enlightenment.
After a night in a temple we move to Japan’s three most famous hot springs in Ryujin, enjoying relaxing baths and a tradition meal & stay in the ryokan. Travelling around the coastline of Wakayama we will enjoy the Boki-do cave baths at Urashima—which overlooks the Pacific Ocean, experience a tuna auction before heading to Ise Jingu’s Geku & Naiku & Ago Bay, the famous home of the Pearl.
We end in Kyoto, where we see the “must sees” of Japan plus ride the Hozu rapids. You will enjoy traditional foods from the sea and mountains in a variety of restaurants with new & exciting events each day which are more impressionable than the previous day at the height of Spring in Japan.
* Twin Share excluding airfares & taxes
- Fully-escorted tour by Japan Holidays’ Judy Luxton
15 nights in hotels & Japanese-style inns
12 breakfasts, 4 lunches & 7 dinners included
- All transportation between tour locations
- Entrance to museums, temples and other sights on the itinerary
Whats Not Included
- Flights – international and domestic
- Pay locally for meals not mentioned in itinerary and all beverages
- Entrance fees to museums, temples not mentioned in the itinerary
- Single room supplement(s) if required